1) I review what takes my fancy. What I believe I'll likely enjoy or feel is important to the canon of lesbian lit.
2) I receive some free copies from some publishers and that has no bearing on my decision to review.
3) I paid for most of the books I reviewed.
4) I read and review because I enjoy it.
5) If you want me to review a book you've written, a really lovely Shiraz or Zinn could work as a bribe--just kidding. Seriously, given all of the above, there is no point to sending me a book to review. I work off my own stack, which I build myself. I am happy to consider suggestions about books and authors and feel free to e-mail or comment to that effect.